Do you want to be a part of the 2018 Veggie Parade Coordinating Team? Of course you do! We’re currently recruiting for an Administrative & Volunteer Coordinator. See full description below.
If interested, please send your resume and a paragraph describing why you think you’re a good fit for the team to email@example.com by March 7, 2018.
ADMINISTRATIVE & VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR
As the Administrative and Volunteer Coordinator you will manage four portfolios: 1) Parade logistics, 2) Sponsorship, 3) Entertainment, and 4) Volunteers.
- Logistics: Organize the logistical details of the parade, such as choosing the parade route and date, planning set-up of the event, and organizing parade materials.
- Sponsorship: Explore and secure monetary and non-monetary sponsorship opportunities
- Entertainment: Explore and secure parade entertainment (i.e. music bands, dancers, etc.).
- Volunteers: Recruit and orient volunteers, and coordinate them on-site.
- Vegetarian, vegan, or veg-friendly
- Very strong organizational skills – needs to be able to manage multiple portfolios with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The following would be considered an asset:
- Experience in event planning
- March 12, 2018-July 15, 2018
- 3-4 hours per week
The Veggie Parade Coordinating Team will meet in person regularly (about once a month and potentially more frequently the months leading up to the parade), but most of the work of the Administrative and Volunteer Coordinator will be done independently, with the majority of team communication happening electronically.